One of our favorite plugins is Google Analytics by Yoast. This plugin for WordPress allows you to track your blog easily and always stays up to date with the newest features in Google Analytics.
This plugin has the following features.
- Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
- The plugin uses the universal or the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code Google Analytics offers.
- Option to enable demographics and interest reports.
- Outbound link & downloads tracking.
- Configurable options to track outbound links either as pageviews or as events.
- Option to track just downloads as pageviews or events in Google Analytics.
- Option to track internal links with a particular format as outbound links, very useful for affiliate links that start with /out/, for instance.
- Possibility to ignore any user level and up, so all editors and higher for instance.
- Option to anonymize IP’s for use in countries with stricter privacy regulations.
- Tracking of your search result pages and 404 pages.
- Full debug mode, including Firebug lite and ga_debug.js for debugging Google Analytics issues.
Coming soon: dashboards! We’re working hard on the next iteration of the plugin which will contain a Dashboard within your WordPress admin with the most important stats from Google Analytics.
Other interesting stuff: